1. Max It Out - Maximize retirement plan contributions.
2. Take Credit - Don't forget to claim the earned income tax credit (earnings less than $18.200).
3. Protect Yourself - Your PIN is for your eyes only. Keep it Safe!
4. Donate - Who knew your old things can reap a tax break
5. Back to School - there may be tax savings for you if you took a course or went back to school.
6. Health First - Make sure to check the box that you had health coverage for all the year.
7. Mucho Dinero - Have a foreign bank account? Know the rules.
8. Give Generously - If you have given more than $14K of gifts, you must report it.
9. Refund Baby - Expecting a big refund, check your year-to-date withholding.
10. Be Smart - Be on time. File your return electronically or call.